Process simulation key to stemming impact of Spending Review

Process simulation will become increasingly important in delivering the savings demanded by last week’s Comprehensive Spending Review, according to 65 per cent of senior personnel questioned from police forces across England and Wales.

Oct 28, 2010
By Paul Jacques
Counsel General Mick Antoniw

Process simulation will become increasingly important in delivering the savings demanded by last week’s Comprehensive Spending Review, according to 65 per cent of senior personnel questioned from police forces across England and Wales.

All of those surveyed by Lanner Group believe that process simulation is a key driver in delivering performance improvement. And despite the reach of the budgetary axe, 60 per cent expect their investment in the technology to increase in 2011, with the remaining 40 per cent claiming their investment will stay the same.

“Simulation recently helped one force to identify £6.5 million savings in a matter of months, without using any external consultants,” explained David Jones, CEO of process simulation specialist Lanner Group. “We believe that up to £1 billion savings can be exploited force-wide through smarter use of simulation, and as the implications of the cuts unfold, few forces will be able to afford to ignore the scale of savings it can help deliver.”

Related News

Select Vacancies

Inspector

Ministry of Defence Police

Detective Sergeant

St Helena Government

Chief Constable – NPCC National Serious and Organised Crime Lead

Kent Police & Metropolitan Police Service

Sergeants and Detective Sergeants

Metropolitan Police Service

Assistant Chief Constable

Ministry of Defence Police

Detective transferees

Durham Constabulary

Copyright © 2022 Police Professional