Man who filmed rape on victim’s phone changes plea mid trial

A man who filmed himself raping a woman on his victim’s phone has changed his plea to guilty midway through his trial.

May 13, 2022
By Tony Thompson

Cameron Hassan, aged 31, of no fixed abode, attacked the woman, raping her as she slept in Ammanford on August 21, 2021.

Hassan had been on trial at Swansea Crown Court after denying any wrongdoing. However, after the jury was shown the video of the attack and hearing the victim was going to give evidence earlier this week, Hassan changed his plea to guilty.

He was remanded into custody and is due to be sentenced on Friday, June 17.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Sophie Lambert said the victim had shown great strength and determination throughout the investigation.

“I must commend her tremendous courage in coming forward and the tenacity shown throughout the investigation,” she said.

Related News

Select Vacancies

Assistant Chief Constable

Ministry of Defence Police

Detective transferees

Durham Constabulary

Copyright © 2022 Police Professional