Hearing for alleged killer of Harry Dunn postponed
The woman allegedly responsible for the death of British teenager Harry Dunn will no longer face a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court next week as previously planned.
Anne Sacoolas, a 44-year-old US citizen and the wife of a US diplomat, is accused of killing the 19-year-old motorcyclist in a road crash outside US military base RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on August 27, 2019.
A statement issued by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said: “Following engagement between the parties, the hearing on January 18 at Westminster Magistrates’ Court has been vacated.
“This is to enable ongoing discussions between the CPS and Anne Sacoolas’s legal representatives to continue.
“Mrs Sacoolas has a right to a fair trial. It is extremely important there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice any proceedings.”
Radd Seiger, spokesman for the Dunn family, said: “We have full faith in the CPS and will wait to hear from them with further developments, hopefully in the near future.
“Harry’s family were obviously looking forward to the hearing on Tuesday so they hope an agreement will be reached sooner rather than later. It is vitally important for their mental health that justice and closure is achieved soon.”