Harvey Weinstein: MPS investigates sexual assault allegations from seven women

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) is investigating seven allegations of sexual assault and harassment against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein.

Nov 1, 2017

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) is investigating seven allegations of sexual assault and harassment against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein. Officers are looking into separate incidents alleged to have occurred between the 1980s and 2015 in London and outside of Britain. The MPS`s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command said it is looking at the victims’ claims under Operation Kaguyak. The force confirmed no arrests have been made over any of the allegations at this stage. New York City Police Departmentis also investigating claims against Mr Weinstein – including rape and sexual assault. Mr Weinstein, who produced Oscar-winning films Shakespeare in Love, The English Patient, and The Artist, faces a total of more than 50 allegations of sexual harassment and assault. The 65-year-old has been handed a lifetime ban from the Producers Guild of America following a unanimous vote from members. Last month, the MPS said it was looking into claims from three women that they were attacked in Westminster, Camden and West London. According to the force statement, one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted outside of Britain in 2012 and again in Westminster in 2013 and 2014. Another woman has claimed the same man sexually assaulted her in London in 2010, 2011 and 2015. Mr Weinstein has previously “unequivocally” denied all accusations of non-consensual sex.

Related News

Copyright © 2021 Police Professional