Salary: £140,502 (Plus car/allowance)
Mr Alan Pughsley QPM, the Chief Constable of Kent Police is seeking to recruit an exceptional Deputy Chief Constable to a unique, challenging and extremely rewarding role.
Kent Police is an outstanding force, which has consistently achieved national recognition through independent inspections. The Force has achieved an outstanding rating for Legitimacy from Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire and Rescue Service for four years in a row as well as now achieving the same grade for Efficiency. Whether bringing justice to victims, stopping sophisticated organised crime gangs or protecting the vulnerable from exploitation – the force has an innovative ‘can do’ culture to provide a first-class service to its communities.
This influential and strategic leadership role plays a key part in the corporate management and direction of Kent Police, influencing our vision and strategic agenda. Reporting to the Chief Constable, the successful candidate will work alongside the Deputy Chief Officer and will have responsibility for leading all operational functions of the force.
As well as holding the highest levels of operational credibility the successful candidate must:
Applications must be received before 1600 hrs on January 27, 2021.
- Be an inspirational and visionary leader with a clear ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels in order to effectively deliver high quality policing and an excellent, first class service provision to the public of Kent.
- Possess high level business skills including change management, being able to demonstrate an ability to lead and enhance the continued improvement of performance outcomes at a strategic level.
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with and understand the needs and issues arising from policing different communities and be committed to helping Kent Police embrace and enhance diversity in Policing.
- Recognise our staff as our most important asset, helping to create a culture that enhances a healthy, skilled, diverse and empowered workforce.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to innovate, drive, improve and deliver service delivery outcomes whilst making high risk and challenging decisions at a strategic level.
- Demonstrate a high level of political awareness with the ability to build and maintain significant networks to strengthen partnership and collaborative working and influence the development of policing.
- Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of Kent, with unquestionable integrity and commitment to the Code of Ethics.
For more information and to request an application pack to apply, please visit our website using the link below.
Apply Here on the Kent Police website >>