Operational Districts & various Branches
Salary: £86,970 to £91,749 (plus allowances)
We are building our team of Chief Superintendents to join us to become once again a top class police force.
We are looking to recruit 11 high performing, resilient and respected Chief Superintendents, and suitably experienced Superintendents seeking promotion, with a range of experience and expertise to play a crucial part in implementing our ambitious improvement plans for Greater Manchester Police. We are specifically looking for capable and competent leaders to join us as;
- District Chief Superintendent
- Head of Strategic Safeguarding (PIP2 accredited will work towards PIP3)
- Head of Force Intelligence - covert and overt (PIP2 accredited will work towards PIP3)
With a new Chief Constable; strengthened Executive leadership; clear direction and a renewed commitment to giving everything we can to improving services to our communities, there has never been a better time to join Greater Manchester Police.
This is an unprecedented, once-in-a-generation, opportunity for ambitious people who are passionate about delivering the highest quality policing to communities who deserve the best. People who can thrive on a challenge; People who will be enthused by a busy and varied workload; People who engage, inspire and care for those they lead and those they serve; People who want the most challenging, interesting and rewarding policing careers in the UK.
Working for Greater Manchester Police offers some of the most challenging, interesting and rewarding policing careers in the UK and we are looking to appoint to these Chief Superintendent roles as influential members of our new senior leadership team.
About the role
Successful candidates will support us on our journey of change and improvement and will play key roles in shaping the future of the organisation, building on existing strengths to reduce demand, improve performance and deliver positive outcomes through strengthened leadership.
Successful candidates will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
- Be an inspirational leader with the ability to quickly take command of a range of operational functions.
- Have a sound and all round operational footprint with evidence of exceptional operational delivery.
- Have the ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels in order to effectively deliver excellent and high quality policing to the public of Greater Manchester.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes at a strategic level.
- Be innovative and creative in their approach with experience of delivering successful large-scale change.
- Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of Greater Manchester.
Applicants must have:
Closing date for applications
Application packs must be returned by midnight, Sunday 1st August 2021
- achieved the rank of Chief Superintendent or be a suitably experienced Superintendent seeking promotion and
- passed the necessary vetting and medical checks required for the rank of Chief Superintendent before appointment.
The Assessment and Interview Panel process will take place on a date to be confirmed.
More information and Application Pack
If you have the skills and experience required and are interested in developing your career in a Police Force that is committed to recognising and valuing its workforce and providing high levels of job satisfaction, please click on the link below for more information and an applicatoin pack. Alternatively, please contact Maxine Livsey, Recruitment Manager, on 07824 460597 or by email Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here on the Greater Manchester Police website >>