Job Ref: JQ/CR/12244
Pay rates: £13.16 PAYE or £16.20 Umbrella
Abingdon, Local Policing
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for a number of Investigators for Thames Valley Police to work on a local policing unit focusing on level crimes such as harassment and stalking based out of Abingdon.
- To relieve front line operational police officers of admin tasks involved with investigations of crime and other incidents including taking statements of evidence from victims of crime or those involved in other incidents and witnesses to such occurrences.
- In addition you will also be asked to interview suspects in custody for criminal offences. This will include the exercise of designated powers under the Police Reform Act
- To produce complete and accurate prosecution files, including full disclosure of unused material, for delivery in accordance with Court deadlines, thereby improving the quality of evidence presented and enhancing the prospect of a successful prosecution.
- To undertake primary and secondary investigations, house to house enquiries, securing and preserving forensic evidence or other evidence relating to investigations or incidents, to enhance the quality of the prosecution file for court and CPS in accordance with relevant force policies and procedures.
- To manage each case individually using effective decision making to ensure that all enquiries necessary to prepare case files are identified and completed within designated timescales, through active personal involvement and in association with other investigative officers.
- To attend court and give evidence in relation to those aspects of any investigation which are within the post holders’ personal knowledge.
- Candidates with a recent ex police background
Length of contract: May 2018
Local Police – Shift Pattern TBC
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to email@example.com or click below link to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles.