Chief Superintendent - BCU Commander
£81156 to £85674
South Yorkshire Police
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police is seeking to appoint two Chief Superintendents to command the policing areas of Sheffield and Doncaster.
Applications are invited from Superintendents seeking promotion and substantive Chief Superintendents with the drive, vision and qualities to lead these critical business areas.
About the roles
These key leadership roles will have responsibility for leading the busy local policing areas of Sheffield and Doncaster. Overseeing the response, neighbourhood, vulnerability and local investigation policing functions within these diverse areas the successful candidates will require significant operational and partnership working experience.
The successful candidates will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
• Be inspirational leaders with the ability to quickly take command of their operational policing area.
• Have the ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels in order to effectively deliver excellent and high quality policing to the public of South Yorkshire.
• Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes at a strategic level.
• Have a proven track record of commanding high risk incidents/events and vulnerability.
• Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of South Yorkshire.
Applications are welcomed from current Chief Superintendents or from candidates seeking promotion to this rank. Previous command experience within an operational policing environment is essential.
Vetting and medical requirements for the rank of Chief Superintendent must be met before appointment.
Closing date for applications
To assist with the selection process candidates will be invited to attend a Familiarisation/ preparation briefing w/c 23rd October.
Application packs must be returned by 0900 on Friday 10th November.
Short listing will take place w/c 13th November.
The selection process will take place on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th November.
More information and Application Pack
To request an application pack please contact: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 10/11/2017