Assistant Chief Constable (x2)
£97563 to £110148 (plus allowances)
South Yorkshire Police
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police is seeking to appoint two Assistant Chief Constables. The appointments will be subject to relevant legislation and to such conditions as may be agreed by the Chief Constable. We are looking for motivated and experienced Senior Officers to join what will be an almost totally new “top team” and play a leading role in the drive to improve performance, by effective management and working with partner agencies, whilst continuing to meet financial challenges.
About the role
The successful candidates will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
• Be inspirational leaders with the ability to quickly take command of a range of diverse and well established functions.
• Have a sound and all round operational footprint with evidence of exceptional operational delivery.
• Have the ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels in order to effectively deliver excellent and high quality policing to the public of South Yorkshire.
• Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes at a strategic level.
• Be innovative and creative in their approach with experience of delivering successful large-scale change.
• Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of South Yorkshire.
• Be capable of sustaining a positive and energetic demeanour in helping to transform the reputation and standing of the force
Candidates must have passed the Strategic Command Course and the necessary vetting and medical checks required for the rank of Assistant Chief Constable before appointment.
Closing date for applications
Candidates will be invited to attend a Familiarisation Visit on Wednesday 29th March 2017.
Application packs must be returned by 5pm on Friday 31st March 2017
Short listing will take place on Monday 3rd April 2017
The Panel Interview process will take place on Friday 7th April 2017
More information and Application Pack
For more information please contact Chief Constable Stephen Watson on 0114 252 3401 or by email email@example.com
To request an application pack or for further details about the Familiarisation Visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 31/03/2017