Assistant Chief Constable (x2)
£97563 to £110148 (Plus car/allowance)
Essex is served by brave, committed and hard-working officers and staff. Keeping people safe is what motivates us to run towards danger, but we also have a responsibility to spend reducing budgets wisely and continue to transform our services in the best possible way to protect the county.
The challenges to policing in terms of well-being, safety and crime have never been greater. Crime is more varied and insidious and criminals are exploiting the speed, convenience and anonymity of the internet to commit a diverse range of criminal activities.
This strategic leadership role will play a key part in the corporate management and direction of the Force with particular responsibility for an allocated functional area of activity.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational and visionary leader who can connect with police officers, police staff, volunteers and local communities to deliver a first class policing service to the public of Essex.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to innovate and lead transformation to deliver improvements in service to the public
• Sound and all round operational credibility with evidence of leading exceptional service delivery
• Substantial evidence of the ability to strategically manage performance across a diverse range of policing activity
• A true commitment and passion to enhance the service provided to the public
• Confidence and clarity in communicating with media, public audiences and key partners
For more information please contact Richard Leicester, Head of HR on 07779 799738 or for an information pack please contact email@example.com or visit our website at www.essex.police.uk/ACC
Please note that candidates must have passed the Strategic Command Course and the necessary vetting checks required to attain the rank of Assistant Chief Constable before appointment.
The closing date for applications to be returned is noon on 7th April 2017.
Deadline for application: 07/04/2017